Domaine Pierre Naigeon
The Naigeon family’s roots in Gevrey-Chambertin date back to before 1850. The domain was established when Fernand Naigeon, then a cooper and farmer, purchased a few acres of land and planted vines.
Initially, family’s wine-growing business and property remained fairly small. Things began to change in 1945, when Pierre Naigeon took over the family estate, adding plots of Grands Crus from the Côte de Nuits, Charmes Chambertin and Bonnes Mares. In 2006, the domain, under the management of Pierre’s grandson (also named Pierre) added another 9 hectares from the Hautes Côtes de Nuits and Gevrey Chambertin areas. The estate now consists of 11.5 hectares, with 50 different plots along de Côtes de Nuits. The estate, which prides itself on its “green” agricultural techniques and its un-ending quest for the perfect expression of the grape variety, produces fragrant wines that combine delicacy and power revealing the best of their terroirs.